1. Make sure you are using the latest version of Floorplans.
Before continuing with troubleshooting or completing a support request, please make sure you are using the latest version of the app. The current version is 1.6.7 (1.6.6 for the <20MB version). When a newer version of Floorplans is available you will see the "Update" button appear in the navigation bar of the "My Plans" screen.
To update the apps on your iPad follow the steps below, or watch this video.
- Open the App Store and tap Updates. If updates are available, tap Update All.
- When prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. App Store will then download and install the application updates.
2. The app is frozen.
While everything is done to make the app completely stable and responsive, if the app does become unresponsive, a force-quit of the app may fix the problem.
To force-quit Floorplans (or any other app), follow the steps below, or watch this video.
- From the Home screen, double-click the Home button to display recently used apps.
- Tap and hold the Floorplans app until a red minus appears. Tap the red minus to quit the app.
- Tap on the Home screen to return.
- Reopen the Floorplans app.
3. The app has become sluggish or unresponsive.
Tip #1: Restarting the iPad
Often if the iPad has not been restarted in a long period of time, certain resources may become locked up by other apps, limiting the amount of resources that can be used by Floorplans. Restarting the iPad can help free up these resources.
To restart the iPad, follow the steps below, or watch this video.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.
- Wait about 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Tip #2: Temporarily Turning Off Automatic Room Detection
When working with a large and complex plan, it is possible for the automatic-room detection feature to cause a lag in performance. To disable room detection (as well as room area measurement) temporarily, go to the settings menu (gear icon) and tap the "Detect Rooms" toggle switch.
Tip #3: Turning Off Grid Paper
Turning off the grid paper will also result in some performance improvement. To do this open the Settings menu (gear icon) and tap on the "Graph Paper" toggle switch.
Tip #4: Turning Off Transparent Floors
Transparent floors will cause a performance lag when working with complex plans, as it forces the app to draw all elements of all floors simultaneously. To turn off Transparent Floors open the Settings menu (gear icon) and tap on the "Transparent Floors" toggle switch.
4. When I try to import an email attachment into Floorplans, I do not see the app listed in the “Open In...” menu.
There is known limitation in iOS that prevents the “Open In...” menu from showing more than 10 PDF supporting apps at the same time. Unfortunately we have no control over this limitation, but we have contacted Apple to have this limitation removed in future updates to iOS. In the meantime, the following is a work-around this problem:
- 1. Uninstall Floorplans from your iPad, by tapping down on the icon and holding until the icons wiggle, and tapping on the x that appears over the icon (Be sure to backup your files first or they will be deleted).
- 2. Do the same for several other apps that appear in the "Open In..." menu.
- 3. Reinstall Floorplans from the iTunes App Store (You will not be charged twice).
- 4. Reinstall the other deleted apps.